Bickleigh Mills COVID-19 Safety Information
SAFETY WILL ALWAYS BE OUR PRIORITY
Here at Bickleigh Mill, looking after our customers and staff is our top priority. We have put measures in place to make sure that when you are here at Bickleigh Mill, you can rest assured that you are in the company of those who care and respect your safety, especially in these unusual times.
We have provided our kitchen and front of house teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
Please acknowledge and be able to follow instructions from our team whilst here at Bickleigh Mill, because we know how to make your time here as safe as possible.
Social Distancing Measures
We have highlighted additional procedures and operations to keep in line with Social Distancing Measures outlined by The Government.
The measures that we have put in place are:
- Additional signage to help you guide and navigate your way through Bickleigh Mill.
- We provide the Track and Trace QR Reader Code. If you do not have a device that accepts QR codes, we will note your information down safely and securely.
- Highlighted arrows are on the floors of The Shop and The Bistro to direct you for the benefit of yourself and others.
- Hand sanitising stations are available in certain areas around the building.
- Information in The Bistro on how to order, and how table service works.
- Restrooms have capacity limitations to make sure you are safe.
- Our menus are laminated so that they can be cleaned and sanitised after every use.
- Upon booking a table in The Bistro, we will ask you to confirm whether you are from the same household or support bubble. This is to ensure that we are following the guidelines and also looking after other customers at Bickleigh Mill
What are the new governmental restrictions in place?
Guidance for pubs, bars, and restaurants from the 12 April – Outdoor Hospitality
From 12 April 2021 (at the earliest) Outdoor areas at hospitality venues (cafes, restaurants, bars, pubs, social clubs, including in member’s clubs) can re-open, including for takeaway alcohol.
*Coronavirus law / guidance maybe subject to change when the regulations are published:
- No indoor consumption of food or alcohol
- We are offering table service only in outdoor areas
- There is no requirement to purchase a meal when ordering alcohol
- Customers must remain seated to order and consume food and drink (So order via an APP or waiter/waitress)
- To allow the consumption of food and drink in an outdoor structure, at least 50% of the walls must be open and removed from the shelter. Open sides must not be closer than 1 meter to other walls, fences, hedges or other obstructions that will impede ventilation
- Up to six persons from separate households can share a table or two households may share a table: there are no restrictions on numbers at the table for two households. (A household includes legal bubble)
- Customers (from different groups) must be kept 2 meters apart. Customers may come as close as 1 meter with mitigation. Mitigation is sitting side by side or back to back. Customers sitting closer than 1 meter need separating by physical barriers. Remember it’s the people that must be 1 meter apart not the tables. Measure from the back of the chairs, when people are sat down.
- Customers may use the indoor toilet facilities
- Members of the public must wear a face covering in a pub, bar or restaurant and takeaway unless they have a legal exemption. You should display signs at all entrance’s reminding customers to wear face coverings. Customers will need to wear a face covering if moving through the premises to the rear drinking area or going to the toilets. Face coverings are not required in ‘outdoor’ areas. Customers failing to comply with rules will not be served.
We are taking bookings, but it is not essential to book in advance. However, we would always like to know you’re coming. Please call 01884 855419 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.